Saturday, February 23, 2013

I'm Alive!!!!!

Yes, I know, it's a miracle that I'm actually posting.  All I can say is that I've been insanely busy & that's it.  No, the busy-ness isn't exciting (sadly), but I'm doing a lot right now.  It's seems like I can't keep my head on straight at the moment.  Always exciting...not!

Things are...all right, I guess.  My dad had another health scare right around the new year.  Doctors are baffled & can't figure out what's wrong with him.  It's...scary, because he's my dad and I want him to be okay.

Writing is going well, which is definitely good.  I'm almost done with edits and then I can finally send it off to the publisher.  I hate it that my brain's not wired for edits.  I can write and write and write, but when it comes time to edit my own stuff...pffftttttt...  That's the sound of air exploding from my ears as my brain deflates.  heh

I'm waiting for laundry to finish so I can take a shower and wash my hair.  *sigh*  There's something about washing my hair that just makes me feel more human or something.  I only wash my hair once a week because it's so thick, but when I do, it's a 30-minute endeavor.  lol

I feel bad that I've disappeared from most social media.  I'm still on Twitter all the time because it's easy to check it from my phone, but to actually log onto my computer??  Pfft..  :P

Going out to dinner with my mom tomorrow, which will be nice.  We haven't had a chance to do that in a long time.  I was talking to one of my coworkers the other day & lamenting the lack of good Chinese food around here.  He recommended a place, so we're going to go try it out.  Yay!

I gave up cable a few months ago, mostly for financial reasons, but I've noticed how little I actually miss TV!  What a time waster!  Sheesh!  I can't say I'm never on my TV, because that would be a horrible lie, but I don't miss watching things.  I figure if it's something I think I might be interested in, I can get it on DVD later.  Plus, no commercials that way, which to me is a win-win.

I have been playing Black Ops II WAY TOO MUCH lately, but I have a good excuse.  I finally broke down and got a headset so that I can talk to other players.  Well, that was both the best and worst thing I ever did.  I've actually made some great friends and we have a blast, but boy is it a time-suck!  Eesh!

Today is all about playing catch up.  Paid my bills, got on FB, writing a post here...I think my work is done.  I'm going to try to do better.  It's almost the end of February & this is my first post of 2013, so I don't think my intentions are going work.  *sigh*  We'll see.  Later, y'all!  :D

No comments: